Stop! Before you fill out the BRN
membership application, please read the following:
SORRY THE MEMBERSHIP IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
AND WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY NEW APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
- Apply only if you are over the age of 18.
- Make sure you live within the BRN research
region of Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Maryland if you select job
positions that require active research, such as field work, or travel to these
states. If you select job positions relating to evidence analysis, other
jobs that will not require you to be close to the current research region, or
you have special skills and knowledge that you think would be of help to the
may proceed with the full application, just be sure to indicate your intentions.
- You must select job positions you are interested in holding on
the application form. If you don't select any, it will be assumed that you don't
want to do anything, and therefore you will not be accepted.
- Please, if during the application process you change addresses, phone numbers, or email addresses, email the
changes to email@example.com.
It is up to the applicant to give accurate information. Understand if you don't,
you may not receive acknowledgements and you may not be accepted. Realize, we
will not take time to try to find your new information.
- Understand that sending an application means
that you are willing to be an active member engaging in report responses,
email exchanges, and other general work as necessary. You have the choice of
volunteering for as much or as little as you want, but don't apply if you just want to be a member to hear about
what's going on for your own personal motives, you will eventually be
Top reasons for delayed or no responses to
- You do not reside in the current research region of OH, PA, WV, or MD.;
Applications from outside the current research region are normally held
until there are enough applicants to start a new region, unless you have
special skills that could benefit the BRN.
- You have given either incorrect or false information on your application.
- You have changed contact information during the application process.
- You have not responded to follow up inquires.
- You haven't indicated what types of jobs you would like to be involved