|1) Maintain objectiveness in Bigfoot research by following the
principles of scientific methodology.
2) Retain the individualism of existing groups and primarily act as a catalyst to combine efforts, expertise, and resources.
3) Provide an organization that allows for the participation, education, and a head start for new researchers.
4) Increase the number of quality incident reports by promoting methods and organized efforts of obtaining them.
5) Network information is standardized, properly documented and shared by Network members.
6) Keep the witnesses informed of the research status and results, pertaining to their case.
7) Increase efficiency by organizing to prevent duplicated efforts, making information readily available, and keeping paperwork to a minimum.
8) Promoting expertise to maintain the members'
and Network's reputation and use of a database
9) Separate fact from fiction of the Bigfoot phenomenon and it's various forms of evidence.
10) Keep the Network flexible to allow it to evolve as required to more effectively achieve the goals.
11) Promote responsibility among members to allow for operation with minimal supervision.
12) Provide the public and the media with accurate information on the subject.
13) Promote and develop organized group searches, methods, and modern technology to maximize the chances of obtaining usable evidence.
14) Concentrate research on smaller areas where the regional groups can
be efficient and effective.
There are fundamental steps science uses to solve problems, called The Scientific Method. These steps have been used for centuries to solve problems and develop theories. The Scientific Method, which is found in most entry level science textbooks, is the proven technique science uses to develop new ideas and prove discoveries. Most of the world's current technological success is due to this process, and there is no reason it can't be applied to Bigfoot research as well. The Bigfoot Research Network will therefore follow these proven steps to find the solution to the Bigfoot mystery. Below are the basic steps of The Scientific Method, and how they relate to our form of research.
Step 1) Define the problem that needs to be solved.
Copyright © 2000-2002 Bigfoot Research Network. All rights reserved.